Monday, January 9, 2017

10 Days Away

O M Goodness...where has the time gone?

Today is January 9th, which means that in just ten short days, I will be H-O-M-E home.

Stop. Rewind. Play.

In just ten short days, I will be H-O-M-E home!

I honestly can't wait. I have LOVED this experience, but it has been four and a half months away from my parents and siblings. Away from many of my friends. Away from Chipotle.

It's about time to spend some quality time with my loved ones.

Not to mention, several consecutive months of a new city (and often, a new country) every few days gets to be a bit exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely loved seeing all of these amazing places, meeting awesome people, eating incredible foods. But Dorothy had a point: there's no place like home.

So, what am I up to in the next ten days? Well, I'm staying in Dublin for the next eight nights, just taking some "me time" and (hopefully) getting caught up on this here blog.

Then I'll fly back to Germany for two days to visit with my aunt one last time, pack up all my stuff, and catch my flight back to the US of A!

In just ten sleeps, I'll be reunited with my bed! Oh, yeah, and my friends and family, too. (LOVE YOU GUYS!) But let's be real: hostel beds are pretty hit-or-miss, and I literally had a dream last night that I was sleeping in my bed at home in Columbia, MD. Not too long now before that dream comes true!

P.S. I hope you guys have checked out my pictures on Facebook...I finally got around to posting photos from all the places I've been since November. Better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?