Sunday, November 18, 2018

A Prologue and a Plea for Ideas

The shrill screech shattered the tense silence induced by the division quiz in room 210. Necks cricked and pencils hit the floor as the collective focus of twenty-six 9-year-olds was completely diverted to the back left corner of the room. 
It was impossible to tell which of the four students seated at table 3 had uttered such a shriek; each face wore an identical look of shock, and as any elementary school teacher will tell you, pre-pubescent boys are just as prone to high-pitched screams as girls. 
Strong start, right? I'm happy with it.

The problem is, the first couple of sentences sprang into my head fully-formed, and the rest of the story hasn't followed. So anyone reading this is invited to throw some ideas my way...I'll keep working on this piece, but I wanted to get down what I had so far because ya girl was in the mood to write this morning!

2 comments:

Penny for your thoughts?